Just starting

  • Mittie Thomson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002

      Hello, Ladies,    I am Mittie Thomson, and have just decided to take up rug hooking as a hobby. I have a copy of THE ART OF RUG HOOKING  and it is the only source of help available to me right now.  I live near San Augustine, TX, about 50 miles east of Lufkin.  (Just about as East Texas as you can get!)  I am wondering if there are any "camps" or workshops in this area that I might attend.  Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.   thanks,    Mittie

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • cherlyque
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
        Hi Mittie,
        I no longer live in Texas. There is a group of ladies that hook in
        Tyler and I ran across their add in the rughookers network. Here it is

        PRAIRIE PRIMITIVE RUG HOOKERS
        Weekly meetings with instruction for beginners and intermediate
        primitive rug hookers. All supplies available. Call Laura Schulze at
        903-566-4202, Tyler, TX.
        I am not sure how close this is to you but there it is
        cherylyque

        --- In NorthTexasRugHookers@y..., Mittie Thomson

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002

          <mittie_thomson@y...> wrote:

          > Hello, Ladies,    I am Mittie Thomson, and have just decided to
          take up rug hooking as a hobby. I have a copy of THE ART OF RUG
          HOOKING  and it is the only source of help available to me right
          now.  I live near San Augustine, TX, about 50 miles east of Lufkin.
          (Just about as East Texas as you can get!)  I am wondering if there
          are any "camps" or workshops in this area that I might attend.  Any
          words of encouragement will be appreciated.   thanks,    Mittie

          Thank you for the info.   Yours is the first reply I've gotten and Tyler is only 90 miles from here.  I will definitely be getting in touch with Laura.  I am expecting my first "real" rughook kit to arrive today.  So far I have only done yarn kits from Hobby Lobby.  Thanks again for sharing the information.   Mittie

          Do You Yahoo!?