      From: LOUIS MARTIN <mart3285@...>
      Subject: ATHA rug hooking, please share if you care
      To: "Alleen Stephenson" <alleenella@...>, "Larry Ault" <larry.ault@...>, "Annie Hayes" <annie@...>, "Caryl Brix" <brixcas@...>, "Brenda Barton" <bbnanabug@...>, "Fran Barbato" <fbarbato51@...>, "Paula Fenter" <blazingstar8@...>, "betty Plummer Plummer" <cybeplum@...>
      Date: Friday, March 22, 2013, 6:29 PM

      Dear
      ATHA Friends:Our
      national elections are over, and the stewards of our country are in place for
      the next four years so now it’s time for our ATHA elections! As in our nation’s
      elections, our ATHA votes are our opportunities to affect the direction of our
      remarkable organization. I am running for Regional Coordinator, and I am asking
      for your vote. What
      Will I Do For You? First,
      I want to reinvigorate our website with up-to-date and useable information.
      Because education is an interactive process, I would like to see our site serve
      our constantly changing needs. I will implement a question and answer feature
      where we have access to ATHA experts and their guidance and opinions. This is
      one of the reasons so many of us like to take classes, to have a teacher’s
      expertise at our elbows. Also, how many times do you peruse our website only to
      find that the information displayed is the same information you read a month
      ago? I will work to continuously provide fresh chapter news, updated Memoriam
      information, answers to your questions, and interesting and employable
      information. I believe our art is a vibrant, energetic entity, and I would like
      to see our website reflect our passion.   Second,
      I will continue my work to vigorously promote our art through board activity. I
      have truly loved serving as Education Chair for the past five years; however,
      because this is not an elected position, I am not able to vote as a board
      member. As your Regional Coordinator, I will represent your voice and always
      vote to supply you with the programs and information you seek and deserve. This
      is an exciting opportunity to have your interests and desires represented. Finally,
      we all love our precious art of rug hooking. We love our process and our
      camaraderie as much as we love our finished pieces. I am asking for your vote
      to help me
      infuse the position of Regional Coordinator with the energy and love we have
      for our art and each other.  Why
      Me? I
      am well qualified to represent you as Regional Coordinator, parliamentary
      proceedure As ATHA Education Chair, I have overseen the formation of the
      Memorial fund, tirelessly raised money the fund, and organized an ATHA video
      contest. I also answer calls from members around the country about
      parliamentary procedure and how to run their chapter meetings.  In
      addition, I have served as Region 9 representative for two terms and have
      assisted in starting numerous new ATHA chapters around the country. I have
      attended seven Biennials, taught at 3, chaired the annual New Orleans Biennial,
      assisted at the exhibit     in Santa
      Rosa, and was exhibit chair in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  I have written for and been awarded grant
      money for our local ATHA Chapter. I
      am also extremely proud of the many educational articles I have written for our
      ATHA Newsletter during the past 13 years. I am honored to have received the
      endorsements of Diane Stoffel, ATHA member and teacher and Judy Long, ATHA
      Newsletter Editor, for this position. Judy’s expertise and integrity are the
      foundation of the longevity of our esteemed publication.  “I know whatever job Carrie takes on she will be thorough
      and that she will make it a priority to do the best of her ability.  I have worked with her setting up the New
      Orleans Biennial exhibit everything was so well organized with it and the
      Biennial as a whole. Our organization will benefit from her time and energy serving
      it.”Diane Stoffel “I
      stand behind Carrie Martin for Regional Coordinator. She has been involved with
      several aspects of ATHA as a significant leader/volunteer in biennials and the
      education chair. Her creativity and teaching are with thought and humor. Her
      website www.onerugtworug.com, is up to date and easily followed, and she would
      offer that expertise to chapters.”   Judy Long, ATHA Editor Traditionally, voter “turnout” for board elections has been
      a bit low. Let’s make this a banner year for our elections and member
      involvement. Your ballot is in the April/May issue of the ATHA Newsletter, and
      the results will be announced before our Biennial in Long Beach, California. If
      you mark your ballot for me, I guarantee you’ll see positive results that can
      help you as an ATHA member and a fiber artist. Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                 Carrie Martin123 W. 19th Ave Covington, LA 70433985.893.3285mart3285@...