Re: New Moon (compression bulkhead)

  • drifter54
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 23, 2013
      The earlier Nordica has a 39" draft with steel punchings for ballast, but sometime near to the mid '80's I believe they switched to lead ballast and decreased the draft to 32", which would make for a more trailer launch-able boat. They also reshaped the keel so it has the stepped look of the Halman's and also done away with the little round portholes in the fore cabin. You'd think it's a Halman when you first see one until you start looking at it and recognizing some of the Nordica details. (btw, the Halman has a 34" draft) Just something to consider if you're looking for a trailer launch-able blue water boat of this size. Now I don't know or have not read anything about the handling characteristics of the newer Nordica with its' resized and reshaped keel, but I expect it's still quite good.

      Ray
      --- In Nordica20@yahoogroups.com, "Klaas" <santaklaas@...> wrote:

      > Yea that trailerablr part is my one worry about the diffrence between what I now have and a Nordica 20.
    • Klaas
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 23, 2013
        Thanks for that Info cause I do like being able  to trailer to new cruising grounds .
        KLaas