Peace Corps Online

  • how3ird
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      At last night's planning meeting, we batted around the long-time issue
      of whether NorCal should continue to be aligned with the National PCA.

      Just by chance, this morning I stumbled across this site:
      http://peacecorpsonline.org
      which is an independent service by and for RPCVs. It has a lot more
      news and information than NPCA. Click the "Enter" link for their current
      pages.

      What got me looking for PC-related sites was a posting on
      Livejournal.com's PCV group reporting a serious incident in Zambia
      which temporarily shut down PC activity there. If NPCA was doing its
      job, we would have heard about it through them.

      For a series of articles on the incident, check out:
      http://peacecorpsonline.org/messages/messages/467/2036556.html

      I'm all in favor of a national association for RPCVs. I just don't think the
      one we've got is doing a good job of keeping us informed or building
      membership.