Volunteer at Habitat's ReStore

  • christa peacock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2014

      Volunteer at Habitat's ReStore

      3/1/14 Sat (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
      Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco ReStore
      1411 Industrial Road, San Carlos
      Contact:Michelle Kanda (mkanda@...)

      You don't need a hammer and construction boots to build homes with Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco! Lend a hand at Habitat Greater SF's volunteer-driven ReStore in San Carlos.
      As a Habitat Helper, you will assist staff and regular volunteers with the daily operations of the store. Some days, this means sorting donations. Other days, this means arranging merchandise. At times, this means performing basic cleaning tasks or special projects. But, one thing is for sure, we will keep you busy!

      Our ReStore in San Carlos opened over a year ago and 3 of its 9 staff members are RPCVs. We know Peace Corps volunteers work hard to get the job done, so we’d love to have some NorCal Association members at our store.

      ReStore is a retail store that funds building Habitat homes by selling donated home improvement items to the public. Also, each month, ReStore recycles over 80,000 pounds of material, the equivalent weight of 4 semi-truck.
      Read our volunteer packet here: http://www.habitatgsf.org/document.doc?id=150

      To sign – up, use our Doodle sign-up form here: http://doodle.com/k3uzqrmprr2cxzcn

      Contact Michelle at mkanda@... or 650-731-3108 for more information. Visit our website at www.habitatgsf.org/restore to shop, donate or volunteer anytime.

    • Catherine Hung
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2014
        Aiya. Im going back there Today for the 4th time this past week or so --they have a great stash of doors.

        Sent from my Windows Phone