Fw: Seed capital for new development ventures

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2013
      Hi All,

      Please see emai from Nicholas a D-Prize below.

      Listserve Moderator

      Considering supporting NorCal with an active paid membership.  Visit either NPCA at http://www. peacecorpsconnect.org/ membership or  NorCalPCA at http://www.norcalpca.org.

      On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 6:05 PM, Nicholas Fusso <nicholas@...> wrote:
      Hi NorCalPCA,

      I direct D-Prize, an organization which funds new ventures in developing countries. We believe the world has already discovered cheap, effective ways to eradicate poverty – but those proven solutions have yet to be distributed to millions of people.

      We are offering up to $20,000 to anyone who can launch a new organization that improves distribution of proven poverty solutions. Winning social entrepreneurs will use seed capital and receive mentorship to launch a three month pilot. Current challenges include topics in girl's education, energy, and global health.

      Details, an application packet, and profiles of past winners can be found at www.d-prize.org.

      >> Our competition just launched, and RPCVs have the proven passion and skills needed to succeed. Can you forward this announcement to your colleagues and anyone else who might be interested?

      My best,
      Nicholas
      --
      NICHOLAS FUSSO, Program Director

      See our launch in Forbes and Next Billion