8/24 Dinner, Social and Presentation

  • NorCal
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17 11:18 AM
      8/24/13 Sat (5:30 PM - 7:00 PM)
      Jang Su Jang
      3561 El Camino Real, Ste 10, Santa Clara

      Hey South Bay,

      For this month's Dinner Social we will be treated with a presentation by Craig Michael Lie Njie, "Lie" (The Gambia, 05-08). This summer Lie was recognized as a Champion of Change at the White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/champions/civic-hacking-and-open-government). Lie worked with a team of developers including Amran Gaye , a colleague Lie mentored during his Service in The Gambia, to develop a text notification system that clinics use to notify local communities when critical supplies had been delivered.

      I know it is so cool to see someone you worked with in country become a successful entrepreneur in their own right. And Amran Gaye is currently visiting in the Bay Area and will be at the dinner.

      We need a fairly accurate count of people in order to reserve a private room, so please RSVP Christa Peacock peacockis@... as soon as possible.

      Thanks
      Will Spargur