South Bay is happening! See what's going on in South Bay for NorCalPCA...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      Dear South Bay Peace Corps community,

      By now, you may have noticed that the our group has gotten quite busy!

      This month alone, we have a *few events in the pipeline*:
      -5/13 (tonight!) a joint Stanford/South Bay mixer at
      Nola�s<http://norcalpca.org/newcontent.cfm?calendar=true&id_cal=564>(Palo
      Alto), 5-7PM
      -5/18 a mentorship
      event<http://norcalpca.org/newcontent.cfm?calendar=true&id_cal=531>that
      provides transitioning and recent RPCVs with advice and support. We
      need mentors and interested RPCVs who can make the adjustment easier. If
      you are interested, please RSVP.
      -5/19 a potluck in the Los Altos
      Hills<http://norcalpca.org/newcontent.cfm?calendar=true&id_cal=549>,
      hosted by Tim Burke. Central American themed, though open to all kinds of
      dishes. RSVP needed for location and details.

      *Events coming up after May:*
      -6/21, RPCV Career Fair
      (SF)<http://norcalpca.org/newcontent.cfm?calendar=true&id_cal=533>
      Our very own Karla Calinawan, RPCV Guayana, is organizing the career fair.
      Please reach out to her (karla.calinawan@...) if your organization is
      looking to hire RPCVs or you are able to volunteer. As an organization, we
      are striving to help the recent RPCVs and transitioning RPCVs tap into our
      networks. This opportunity is an easy way to get involved.

      *Summer events to come:*
      -June, July, August � a habitat restoration volunteer day with Acterra, a
      possible BBQ and summer celebration, and a hike!

      *Update on the South Bay group in general:*
      As some of you know, I will be completing my term with the NorCalPCA Board
      of Directors in January 2014. I am sharing with this information with you
      now because *NorCalPCA will need motivated leaders in South Bay to take the
      lead*. I have been lucky to meet many of you here in South Bay. All of
      you contribute to the rich and diverse community with NorCalPCA, making the
      RPCV experience at home easier and relatable. Starting this summer and
      especially after August, we�ll need members like you to host the events you
      want NorCalPCA to provide! Please send me or Christa Peacock a message if
      you�re interested in learning more!

      I hope this message finds all of you well.

      Saludos,
      Madeline
      RPCV, Peru 09-11