REMINDER: "Around the World in 65 Days" Benefit program for Glide

  • Karen Keefer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2013
      Last summer and fall, I went on the adventure of a lifetime--around the
      world, esp. in PC countries. Although NorCal PCA is partnering with the
      Commonwealth Club of CA on my program in SF on May 21st, I will be
      presenting it as a benefit for Glide Foundation at the Redwood City Main
      Library from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on May 13th. Please see attached flyer
      for information.

      FYI, in case anyone asks....Glide has 88 programs to help the marginalized,
      disenfranchised, and homeless in the Bay area. They have four high-rise
      buildings to house homeless and low-income families, a full medical (&
      psychology) facility on the fifth floor of Glide, many recovery & wellness
      programs, and they serve three meals a day to an average of 1,000 people
      each meal. A number of us go to Glide from here on the Peninsula and South
      Bay--some even come from Sacramento each Sunday. So I hope this benefit
      will draw a full crowd. With your help in advertising it, hopefully this
      will happen.

      Please let me know if you have any questions: 650-995-7747. Hope to see
      you there.

      Karen Keefer
      RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia
      X-Staff/PC HQ