"Around the World in 65 Days" Benefit program for Glide

  • Karen Keefer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      Last summer and fall, I went on the adventure of a lifetime--around the
      world, esp. in PC countries. Although NorCal PCA is partnering with the
      Commonwealth Club of CA on my program in SF on May 21st, I will be
      presenting it as a benefit for Glide Foundation at the Redwood City Main
      Library from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on May 13th. Please see attached flyer
      for information.

      FYI, in case anyone asks....Glide has 88 programs to help the marginalized,
      disenfranchised, and homeless in the Bay area. They have four high-rise
      buildings to house homeless and low-income families, a full medical (&
      psychology) facility on the fifth floor of Glide, many recovery & wellness
      programs, and they serve three meals a day to an average of 1,000 people
      each meal. A number of us go to Glide from here on the Peninsula and South
      Bay--some even come from Sacramento each Sunday. So I hope this benefit
      will draw a full crowd. With your help in advertising it, hopefully this
      will happen.

      Please let me know if you have any questions: 650-995-7747. Hope to see
      you there.

      Karen Keefer
      RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia
      X-staff/PC HQ

    • Karen Keefer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2013
        Several of you have written me that the attachment did not come through on
        yesterday's message. I'm reattaching the flyer. But if it doesn't come
        through again, here is the unformatted message:

        CELEBRATE50: A Benefit for GLIDE

        Presented by Karen Keefer in celebration of the 50 years of leadership by
        Rev. Cecil Williams and Janice Mirikitani in creating programs of
        unconditional love:

        *Around the World in 65 Days*

        Monday, May 13, 2013

        7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

        Community Room, Redwood City Main Library; 1044 Middlefield Rd., Redwood
        City CA, 94063

        Saving frequent flier miles since 1984, Redwood City resident Karen Keefer
        used them all in 2012 on business class fare to go around the world -
        adding 12 more countries to the 60 she has already visited. Her
        personalized route took her to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam,
        Indonesia, Australia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania
        (and Zanzibar), and Poland. She will share her photos and engrossing
        stories - pointing out highlights, surprises, frightening episodes,
        learning experiences and happy times.

        Suggested Donation: $20/adults, $8/students, no charge/children 12 and under

        Checks made payable to GLIDE are 100% tax deductible and go to GLIDE�s
        programs

        For more information about this event please contact Karen Keefer (650)
        995-7747, KJKeefer@...

        For more information about GLIDE please visit our website at www.glide.org or
        contact Niki Shapiro, (415) 674-6117 nshapiro@...

        *The meeting Space is provided as a community service by the City of
        Redwood City. The City neither sponsors nor endorses this event nor the
        presenting individual or organizations.*

        Look forward to seeing you there.

        Karen