Fwd: Designing for a better world - Peace Corps invitation to Compostmodern13 3/22-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
      Hi South Bay RPCVs,
      Annika Dubrall, NorCalPCA board member in SF, is taking a lead in this
      sustainability conference. If you'd be interested in volunteering, please
      contact her directly.
      Madeline

      From: Annika Dubrall <annika.dubrall@...>
      Date: Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
      Compostmodern13 3/22-23
      To: Annika Dubrall <annika.dubrall@...>

      Dear Peace Corps friends

      As some of you know I'm co-producing the upcoming San Francisco
      AIGA<http://aigasf.org>design and sustainability conference,
      Compostmodern13 <http://www.compostmodern.org> this March. Would be great
      to see more RPCVs there! Please share the below details with your network.

      Compostmodern13 will be bringing together over 800 professional designers,
      artists, architects, urban planners, futurists and social entrepreneurs for
      a 2 days in-depth exploration of the role of design in creating a more
      resilient world. The event is set to take place at the Palace of Fine Arts
      March 22-23. We´┐Żll hear from 19 inspiring speakers from around the world,
      including John Bielenberg
      <http://fearlessrevolution.com/john-bielenberg/>and Paul
      Polak <http://www.paulpolak.com/>, and engage in dialogue around how to
      harness the energy of our creative community to improve the world.

      Register by Feb. 15 for early bird
      rates<https://www.etouches.com/ereg/newreg.php%3Feventid=52400%26>and
      keep in touch with the conference through
      Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/compostmodern> and Twitter. If we can
      gather a group of 10 or more I can secure an additional 10% Peace Corps
      discount.

      Meet inspiring people, hear invigorating ideas, and leave ready to take
      action. Hope to see you there!

      Best,

      Annika

      RPCV Mauritania