Summary from NorCalPCA Board retreat - please respond

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2012
      Hi there South Bay RPCVs,

      I want to share with you some of the themes from the Board's strategic
      retreat last weekend. First off, as part of the RPCV community, the
      Board is focused on serving your needs as a RPCV.

      There are some major themes that came out of the retreat that I want
      you to be aware of:
      1) First and foremost, to meet the needs of the RPCV community in the
      Bay Area. To support and strength the support network of RPCVs --
      both recently COS-ed and those who have been home longer. This focus
      means anything from establishing new friends to developing
      professional contacts to facilitating events that help with your
      integration into the community.
      2) To develop a community-service presence in our local community.

      Along the lines of 2), I'd like to open up this opportunity to each of
      you. If you are involved with a local nonprofit and know of a local
      community need that can be addressed through a volunteer event by our
      group, please respond to me. If you are willing to coordinate a day
      and time with the nonprofit you have in mind, we -- as a community --
      can help provide support. With the holidays fast approaching, I
      imagine there must be an increased demand for extra help. Please let
      me know!

      I hope this email finds all of you well. It was wonderful seeing some
      of you at our October happy hour, and hopefully, you all had a great
      time at the hike yesterday!

      Best,