RPCV Erik Scheller announcing Rotary-- GSE Program to FINLAND!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 9:35 PM
      FYI

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Erik Scheller <eriks@...>
      Date: Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM
      Subject: [norcalsf] RPCV Erik Scheller announcing Rotary-- GSE Program to
      FINLAND!
      To: NorCalPCABoard@yahoogroups.com, NorCalPCA@yahoogroups.com,
      norcalsf@yahoogroups.com, NorCalNorthBay@yahoogroups.com

      **

      Hello Fellow RPCVs

      Over the last few years I usually send one message nearly every year and it
      is the announcement of Rotary District 5150's (San Francisco, Marin, and San
      Mateo Counties) Group Study Exchange (GSE). The format of this program will
      likely be changing in upcoming years but for now it is as it has been. The
      GSE trip will be to Finland from March 18 to April 15, 2013. Notice the
      application date is very soon!

      The flyer attached and the message below explains the program somewhat.

      I am only signed up for the San Francisco, North Bay, and NorCAL PCA Yahoo
      groups so Jayma can you forward to your East Bay group and if the other area
      group board representatives thing it would be of interest forward it as
      well. Keep in mind, although you may not qualify for this particular
      district's GSE program, you are very likely qualified for a different
      district's GSE program and from what I understand all districts around here
      have GSE programs.

      If you have questions about this program or Rotary, do not hesitate to
      contact me. I became a Rotarian at the Rotary Club of Fisherman's Wharf
      immediately after my GSE trip to the Philippines in 2000. Since then there
      have been a handful of RPCVs who have gone on GSE trips. I have yet to meet
      someone that did not think the GSE trip was amazing.

      Erik P. Scheller

      Rotarian, RPCV Ghana

      44 Martin Drive

      Novato, CA 94949

      Tel: 415.260.7006

      Fax: 415.276.3033

      Email: eriks@...

      _____

      From: christine_goodin@...
      To: christine_goodin@...
      Subject: Professional Exchange Program to FINLAND!
      Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:49:07 -0700

      Good morning fellow Rotarians!

      I need your help in getting the word out! We are recruiting applicants for
      another stellar Group Study Exchange team our Rotary district will send to
      FINLAND!

      Our district is looking for young professionals between the ages of 25 and
      40, who live OR work in Marin, San Francisco or San Mateo Counties.
      (Example: you can live in Alameda, but work in San Francisco; or live in
      Novato and work in Petaluma.)

      Team Members can not be directly related to a Rotarian and Team Leaders must
      be a Rotarian in District 5150.

      Please see the attached informational flyer for details regarding our
      upcoming exchange.

      We are currently welcoming applications for team member and team leader
      candidates! Please circulate to anyone you feel would be qualified and
      interested. The application deadline for all candidates is September 9.
      Interviews will be held on Sept 22 for all team candidates.

      All questions and completed applications can be directed to me at any
      time...starting NOW! THANK YOU to everyone for your interest in the Group
      Study Exchange program to FINLAND!

      Thank you and enjoy your week!

      --Christine Goodin
      Rotary District 5150 GSE Chair