Re: [NorCalSBay] May 18th

  • Julia Becker
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2012
      I would be interested in a happy hour on the 18th. Our official happy hour
      schedule is the last Friday of even numbered months, but I say the more the
      merrier! I don't really have any venues to suggest. My main criterion is
      walking distance from a Caltrain station.

      A couple years ago, we had occasional restaurant dinners, usually on
      Saturdays, like the SF group does. I would be happy if we could revive that
      type of event, too.

      I am not a social person, but as an introvert I also prefer to socialize in
      smaller groups.

      Julie
      Tonga 89-91

      On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Steven Young <stevenkyoung@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Good Night everyone!
      > I hope everyone has great plans for upcoming Mother's Day in a couple of
      > weeks.
      >
      > Would anyone be interested in going out to a little social happy hour on
      > May 18th? Now I've never done this before, so I'm open to tips,
      > restaurants/bars/lounges, and ideas.
      >
      > I myself am more of a social person and would definitely also like to get
      > to know some RPCV's on a more intimate basis than in large groups, so if
      > anyone is interested in smaller get togethers, I welcome them!
      >
      > That's all folks.
      >
      > All the Best,
      >
      > --
      > Steven Young
      > Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Guyana, 2010-2012

    • Bob Saint
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2012
        I would join you too if you wouldn't mind having an East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) PCV '61 - '63, join you.  I always enjoy tossing a few beers.
        Bob Saint

        ________________________________
        I would be interested in a happy hour on the 18th. Our official happy hour
        schedule is the last Friday of even numbered months, but I say the more the
        merrier! I don't really have any venues to suggest. My main criterion is
        walking distance from a Caltrain station.

        A couple years ago, we had occasional restaurant dinners, usually on
        Saturdays, like the SF group does. I would be happy if we could revive that
        type of event, too.

        I am not a social person, but as an introvert I also prefer to socialize in
        smaller groups.

        Julie
        Tonga 89-91

        On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Steven Young <stevenkyoung@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Good Night everyone!
        > I hope everyone has great plans for upcoming Mother's Day in a couple of
        > weeks.
        >
        > Would anyone be interested in going out to a little social happy hour on
        > May 18th? Now I've never done this before, so I'm open to tips,
        > restaurants/bars/lounges, and ideas.
        >
        > I myself am more of a social person and would definitely also like to get
        > to know some RPCV's on a more intimate basis than in large groups, so if
        > anyone is interested in smaller get togethers, I welcome them!
        >
        > That's all folks.
        >
        > All the Best,
        >
        > --
        > Steven Young
        > Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Guyana, 2010-2012

      • Steven Young
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2012
          Hi Bob

          We, or at least I, welcome all any and all RPCV's, regardless of how many
          years ago before I was born that they were in the Peace Corps. Experience
          and wisdom are a plus, especially when tossing a few beers.

          Will send out a google calendar event this week!

          All the best,
          Steve

          On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Bob Saint <bobsaint92@...> wrote:

          > I would join you too if you wouldn't mind having an East Pakistan (now
          > Bangladesh) PCV '61 - '63, join you. I always enjoy tossing a few beers.
          > Bob Saint
          >
          > ------------------------------

        • Will Spargur
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2012
            Steven
            It's pretty easy to host a happy hour like Julie says. Just pick a cool
            place, set a date and time then let us know at events@... and
            we'll post it to our calendar. I would recommend doing it soon to get in
            the May newsletter which goes out next Wednesday. If you want ideas
            checkout the NorCalPCA calendar at http://norcalpca.org/calendar.cfm .
            Will Spargur
            Swaziland 92-95

            On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Steven Young <stevenkyoung@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Good Night everyone!
            > I hope everyone has great plans for upcoming Mother's Day in a couple of
            > weeks.
            >
            > Would anyone be interested in going out to a little social happy hour on
            > May 18th? Now I've never done this before, so I'm open to tips,
            > restaurants/bars/lounges, and ideas.
            >
            > I myself am more of a social person and would definitely also like to get
            > to know some RPCV's on a more intimate basis than in large groups, so if
            > anyone is interested in smaller get togethers, I welcome them!
            >
            > That's all folks.
            >
            > All the Best,
            >
            > --
            > Steven Young
            > Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Guyana, 2010-2012

            *
            *
            *Northern California Peace Corps Association*
            *Bringing Peace Corps Home*
            www.norcalpca.org