[NorCalSBay] If you're around This Sat, 2pm Palo Alto and NEXT Saturday, 1/28 NorCal Annual General Meeting in Berkeley

  • Catherine Hung
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2012
      Happy New Year 2012 and Lunar New Year this weekend, Everyone!

      So to celebrate & just visit, Madeline and I will meet for
      froyo=frozen yogurt in downtown Palo Alto,

      Yogurtland (waiting for Fraiche's new site to open!)
      University Ave, near old Borders bookstore
      1:30/2~4pm

      rsvp cat 650.464.3275 if u can make it!

      And yes we are working out other local events to come...

      ~~~Carpool? Meal prep? Social?

      Next Saturday, January 28, 2012 [Mark the 4th Saturday of 2013 for
      next year's AGM!]

      Note: our own South Bay, Julie Becker is leading us in preparing
      Ghanian groundnut stew, Senegalese mafe vegetarian, plantains (picking
      up this weekend to ripen by Mr Kathryn Rato) and rice.

      Anyone up for helping out in the kitchen, please let me know. We're
      meeting and starting 4pm.

      6:00-9:00pm (Dinner/AGM/Ghana1 Presentation)
      Free to members & first year returnees/$10 Nonmembers & Guests
      A tribute to the first Peace Corps Volunteers – Ghana1. Tom
      Livingston, the first PCV will speak on what it was like stepping of a
      plane in Accra, Ghana on August 30, 1961. There will be West African
      décor and music.
      Any potluck-styled dishes, veggies, desserts, bottles of drink good!
      but you're still welcomed to come if for some reason you can’t bring
      food as some will be provided.

    • Janet Espinosa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2012
        Hello all,

        A few of you | met and many more of you I hope to know in the future.
        My current residence is in Catacamas, Olancho, Honduras, so I won't be able
        to make this event or probably any other during 2012. I love the yogurt
        shop, but . . . I am teaching at Universidad Nacional de Agricultura but
        feel like I am in Peace Corps again. All the Peace Corps volunteers have
        been pulled out, and it sounds like it will be a forced COS on February
        15th. This is indeed sad and a step backward for peace and cooperation. I
        will be sending out weekly updates about life here in the wild west at the
        end of the road. If you would like to hear more about people here and my
        experiences, just send an e-mail and I will put you on the list since I
        still don't blog.

        Janet, PVC Honduras 2009-2010, Dominican Republic 2007-2009