RPCV speakers at Stanford, 10/17 & Palo Alto, 10/25

  • nhsargent
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      Hi RPCVs -

      For our regular local recruitment events this month, we've got two great recently-returned PCVs coming to share their stories. You are welcome as always (as with all of our events, posted at www.peacecorps.gov/events) and appreciate it if you can spread the word to those who may be interested:

      Monday, Oct. 17 at Stanford
      5PM – 6:30PM
      Career Development Center
      2nd Floor Conference Room
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=246620825369469

      First-year Stanford PhD student Tim Burke recently completed his assignment as a health volunteer in Panama. He will talk about the impressive water systems he developed as a PCV and the connection between his service and his current studies at Stanford.

      Tuesday, Oct. 25 in Palo Alto
      6:30PM - 8PM
      Lucie Stern Community Center
      Stern Community Room
      1305 Middlefield Road
      Palo Alto, CA 94301
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=249887818386702

      Madeline Wu took a hiatus from a career in finance to serve as a Peace Corps volunteer in Peru. She has just completed service and already settled into a new job on the Peninsula. Madeline will join us to talk about day-to-day life as a business development volunteer in Peru.

      Thanks!
      Hale Sargent, Peace Corps SF Regional Office
      halesargent@...