Trekking in Nepal

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2005
      Trekking in Nepal
      Calling All Adventurers!

      I am a San Francisco resident who was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Nepal and who has been directing cultural exchange programs for the last 3 years. I am planning to return to Nepal to volunteer with a grassroots NGO in a small rural village for a few months this fall. In order to fund the trip (so that the NGO does not have to pay for my flight), I am coordinating a 2-week trek in the Himalayas! I have extensive first-hand knowledge of the country, the culture, the people, and I have experience trekking both on and off the beaten path.

      Living in Nepal, traveling the world, hiking in remote mountains--these experiences have changed my perspective on the world and on myself. I want to continue to give back not only to Nepal, but also to the U.S., by creating the opportunity for others to challenge themselves on a new adventure.

      Who: a small group of 6-8 people

      What: 2 week trip-- 11 day lodge trek and a few days in Kathmandu

      Where: Nepal--Kathmandu to Manang

      When: October 2005

      Cost: $2850 including airfare, accommodations, and most meals

      How: email me for further information deana@...

      Ben Bellows, Betsy Gilliland and Holly Dreier
      Your eConnection Team