Update: More generosity in memory of Darleen Beals

  • marhyde@cruzio.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20 7:41 PM
      Previously we told you about an effort to remember NorCal member Darleen
      Beals with donations to NorCal Grants. Now a second generous NorCal RPCV
      has stepped forward to match any contributions that NorCal Grants receives
      in memory of Darleen, up to $1500. This means that NorCal will actually
      receive TWO more dollars for every ONE that you contribute. For example,
      if you donate $5.00, through matching, NorCal will receive $15.00.

      So far, the Grants fund in Darleen's name totals more than $900 and we
      expect more individual contributions to come in the next few weeks. The
      next paragraph outlines how you can donate:

      Darleen Beals of Sonoma, RPCV Sierra Leone and long-time active NorCal
      member, passed away on May 9, 2011 as reported in the last eConnection and
      on our website. Among other NorCal activities, she took a great interest
      in the NorCal Grants Program. NorCal friends have decided to donate to
      the Grants Program in her memory. If you would like to join the effort,
      checks labeled “Grants-Darleen Beals” may be mailed to NorCal PCA, P.O.Box
      2547, San Francisco, CA 94126. You can also donate online via PayPal at
      www.norcalpca.org and click on Grants.

      Marilyn Hyde
      Grants Committee Chair
      marhyde@...