[Norcal SBay] Starting March 7th - San Mateo & Palo Alto, MtnV - PC 50th Anniversary Proclamations!! and upcoming North Pool play & Events

  • Catherine Hung
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hello RPCVs in the South Bay! [Scroll down, please! Reminders to come.]

      We've FIVE events where RPCV participants will pick up proclamations which
      will name March as Peace Corps month. We�re glad we were able to get so many
      PC proclamations! Any questions, please email cathung@...;

      **1- SAN MATEO (CITY), 3/7:* Proclamation to be read *Monday, March 7 @ 7PM*
      330 W 20th Ave, San Mateo, CA, 94403 Look for: Justin Berger, NorCal Board,
      Karen Keefer, Julie Becker!
      2- PALO ALTO, 3/7:* Proclamation will be read *Monday, March 7, 7pm*

      by the Vice-Mayor Yiaway Yeh, RPCV City Council Chambers 250 Hamilton Ave.*
      * Dinner before, Drinks after!
      3- MOUNTAIN VIEW, 3/8:* Proclamation to be read *Tuesday, March 8 at 6:30PM*
      500 Castro St, Council Chambers, Mountain View City Hall

      Let�s meet at Bean Scene Cafe ~5:45pm and walk over by 6:15, Drinks/a bite
      after Cascal�s TBC

      ***Friday, March 11, THE NORTH POOL*, A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER By Rajiv
      Joseph, RPCV, TheaterWorks Lucie Stern Palo Alto. *Tix still available! *$35.
      See play summary below. Bring checks to: Jayne Booker, e:
      booker.jayne@... t: 650-814-6643

      * *

      4- SAN JOSE, 3/15*: Proclamation will be announced on *Tuesday, March 15 @
      1:30PM** *1649 Hermocilla Way, San Jose, CA 95116-2973. Lunch before TBC!

      *5- SAN MATEO (COUNTY), 3/29:* Proclamation to be read *Tuesday, March 29 @
      9AM** *400 County Center, Redwood City. The building is on the corner of
      Marshall and Winslow. rsvp Karen Keefer, rpcvk2@...

      *OTHER PROCLAMATIONS (Will not be read at public meetings)
      Redwood City
      Santa Clara County �* can any local RPCVs pick up & lunch together the week
      of March 22nd?

      Please let Cat know. cathung@...

      *3/21, M, 6pm* � San Francisco Commonwealth Club talk, Professor Susan
      Reverby (my college prof!) Any carpoolers? cathung@...

      *4/15-16 Stanford�s PC 50th Celebration* � signup -
      http://www.stanford.edu/dept/haas/outside/SRPCV.fb or q to

      See details on http://norcalpca.org/

      * Kudos and Big Thank You to Janet Grieg, our NorCal PCA National Rep for a
      very successful Global Peace Corps House Party � Hosted by the Grindleys,
      RPCVs Peru this past March 1st.

      By Rajiv Joseph, RPCV playwright. Winner of a 2010 Edgerton New American
      Play Award

      World Premiere

      The truth shifts constantly in this riveting cat-and-mouse thriller from
      Pulitzer Prize finalist Rajiv Joseph. What�s bothering the Vice Principal at
      Sheffield High, a suburban minefield of profiling and political correctness?
      What secrets trouble the transfer student from Saudi Arabia, mysteries
      stashed in hidden lockers and cached on high-tech phones? As tension mounts,
      the semester reaches its final hour. And the time for revelation begins.
      (Contains mature language.)

      * *