[Norcal SBay] Upcoming & This Sat. 1/15 Tanzania Slideshow & Potluck, Santa Clara University

  • Catherine Hung
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2011
      So *this Saturday, Jan. 15th* is our next Dinner Talk!

      SAVE THE DATES - For details, see norcalpca.org Calendar of Events

      *Jan 28* Fri., Career Workshop & Jan 29, Sat AGM Working Board Meeting and
      Elections

      *Feb.26*, Sat - 50th Anniversary Celebration!

      *Mar. 11* - THE NORTH POOL, A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER play, Palo Alto (Buy
      tickets by Feb. 27th.)

      *DATE: This Saturday, 1/15, Tanzania Slideshow and Potluck*

      TIME: 6:30 ~9pm

      PLACE: Santa Clara University Santa Clara 95050

      The room reserved is on the North end of the Bannon Engineering
      Laboratories, in the Engineering Quad, and right near the parking garage. Look
      for signs.

      Potluck � please bring a specialty dish or under the guidelines.

      A-G: Desserts-Drinks
      H-Q: Main Course

      R-Z: Salads and Sides

      Michael Neumann, RPCV Tanzania will host a slideshow and sharing on his
      experiences in Tanzania during Peace Corps and with Engineers without
      Borders in the summers of 2009 and 2010.

      For public transportation, SCU is across El Camino from the Santa Clara
      Transit Center where there are stops for CalTrain and various VTA buses.

      For driving directions www.scu.edu/map/parking/directions.cfm
      Best place to park would be in the three-story parking garage, which is to
      the left after entering the main entrance to campus. Campus Map (
      http://www.scu.edu/map/?park=1)
      Parking Garage Highlighted (www.scu.edu/map/index.cfm?i=70)

      Please RSVP so we know to expect you. Look forward to seeing you all!

      Cat - cathung@...; 650.605.3273

      ~~~

      *Friday, March 11th - THE NORTH POOL, A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER*

      By Rajiv Joseph, RPCV playwright.

      World Premiere

      Winner of a 2010 Edgerton New American Play Award

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/theater/02rajiv.html?hpw

      The truth shifts constantly in this riveting cat-and-mouse thriller from
      Pulitzer Prize finalist Rajiv Joseph. What�s bothering the Vice Principal at
      Sheffield High, a suburban minefield of profiling and political correctness?
      What secrets trouble the transfer student from Saudi Arabia, mysteries
      stashed in hidden lockers and cached on high-tech phones? As tension mounts,
      the semester reaches its final hour. And the time for revelation
      begins. Contains
      mature language.

      We would need to purchase the tickets in one block by February 27th.

      Checks should be mailed to : Jayne Booker PO Box 51499, Palo Alto, CA 94303

      Contact: booker.jayne@...; phone: 650-814-6643