Recently Return PC Potluck-Sept. 19th

  • jaymaghana@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009
      Dear Peace Corps Community and especially those Recently Returned Peace Corps Volunteers,

      You are cordially invited to the 16th annual Recently Returned Potluck Saturday, Sept 19, 2009 from 5 - 7 pm. 2427 Ashby Avenue in Berkeley.

      PC office has invited some pre-PCVs (applicants).
      Bring food to share. Family, friends and Old Timers welcome!

      Directions to 2427 Ashby in Berkeley: Highway 80 or 24 to Ashby/Rt 13. At Telegraph (Wolf Camera and Chevron on corners), go north one block. Turn right on Russell. Park behind the big square six-story office building. (It is ample and free during off business hours.) Then cross Russell and walk one short block south down Florence Street, right on Ashby to second(blue) bungalow. From Ashby BART, walk half a mile east on Ashby. Blue bungalow six houses east of Telegraph. Come up path on the left and join us!

      Sincerely,
      Chris Carlisle
      Poland '91–‘93
      510-848-8564
      cgc@...

      There will be some short announcements at 6pm. Erin Bowman will talk about NorCal’s mentoring program and someone from the San Francisco Recruiting Office will talk about what services are available for RPCVs from Peace Corps. We’ll also take some time to do intro and find out a little about each other.

      I’ll also be there to give a prize to the RPCV who is most recently returned and a door prize. Come network and join our mentor program as a mentor or as a mentoree. The East Bay member group will also be scouting for a recently returned volunteer to share talk about their Peace Corps experiences at our November dinner meeting. So come share your stories.

      Jayma Brown
      President, NorCal Peace Corps Association
      jaymaghana@...