Share your ideas on Africa Rural Connect

  • jenniferlynngross
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009
      The National Peace Corps Association is sponsoring a business plan contest to improve agricultural practices in Sub-Saharan Africa. I am serving as one of three moderators for this contest. Please read the message below about prizes you can win and forward this on to anyone who might be interested.

      Thanks,
      Jenn Gross
      Uganda (2003-2005)
      Lesotho (2001)

      ---------

      Hey RPCVs,

      Ever feel like you finished your two years of service in Africa but never had a chance to put your experiences to use afterward?

      That's why the National Peace Corps Association just launched Africa Rural Connect. We wanted you, a fellow Peace Corps alum, to be among the first to know about this unprecedented global online collaboration. At NPCA, we're calling on YOU – along with all Returned Peace Corps Volunteers – to help lead the charge by formulating the most creative and practical plans for Africa's agricultural development at Africa Rural Connect.

      Work together with the African Diaspora and others who have lived or worked in Africa. We believe that collaboration will bring about the greatest ideas for change.

      Go to http://www.AfricaRuralConnect.org to share your plan now – even if it's just the seed of an idea. You could win one of the monthly $3,000 prizes for the best idea, or the $20,000 grand prize to help implement your idea.

      You can also click here to check out a video to learn more: (http://arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/node/170)

      See you online!

      Molly Mattessich (RPCV Mali '02-'04)
      Ron Boring (RPCV Guinea '64-'66)

      P.S. You're the key to helping ensure we get good ideas for Africa. Please spread the word by forwarding this email to your friends, fellow RPCVs, and especially your African contacts.