2nd Annual Peace Corps Cultural Festival!!!

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 10:53 AM
      2nd Annual Peace Corps Cultural Festival

      Planning Meeting

      This year's event will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2005 in the Peacock Meadow area of Golden Gate Park. Like last year the cultural festival will be an all-day event featuring live entertainment, cultural displays, demonstrations, and "villages" to represent the different regions of the world where volunteers serve.

      By all accounts, last year's event was an enormous success. Many of the estimated 700 visitors expressed a great appreciation for the effort that was put into coordinating it, and the returned volunteers who participated were already talking about all the things they can do to make the event even better for this year. Well, now's your chance!

      The festival planning committee will be holding its first planning meeting on Wednesday, May 18 starting at 6pm. We will be determining which countries will be represented in each of the villages and identifying coordinators for various aspects of the festival. The SF office has offered the use of their conference room at 333 Market St., Suite 600. After we meet and make some "official" decisions, our committee of intrepid festival organizers will spill over to the Beale Street pub where the real creative work of festival planning will take place. (you didn't think that the idea for the "baby carrot chopstick relay race" emerged from a conference call, did you?)

      So, Anyone who is interested in participating, whether as a tribal leader , village member, or just a "sick-and-twisted-idea" person, is encouraged to join our merry band of organizers as we prepare to bring the world home in a truly Peace Corps way. This event can be as dynamic and interesting as we want to make it so bring your ideas, enthusiasm, and that old Peace Corps spirit and be part of the fun!

      Contact Holly Dreier ( hmdreier@... ) or John Ruiz ( jruiz@... ) for more information.

      Please pass along this message to other RPCVs how might be interested in participating.

      Ben Bellows, Betsy Gilliland and Holly Dreier
      Your eConnection Team