Foreign affairs locally next Monday

  • Kandis Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2009
      We used to be "foreign affairs," but now we have to struggle to keep up with
      them. I often feel I came late to the news & can't fit the headlines into a
      context. Here is a FREE chance to remedy that.

      On MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2009, 7:30 pm, at CUBBERLY AUDITORIUM, Stanford
      University, there's a lecture

      "Ending Chaos in Afghanistan & Pakistan: A New Direction in US Foreign
      Policy"

      by Ahmen Rashid, a journalist who wrote the bestseller Taliban, not an
      obscure academic.

      Let's meet in the lobby near the Left entrance door. I'll save some seats
      on that side of the auditorium for all who RSVP to kscott33@... by
      Monday, March 9 at 6pm.

      The nearest parking is along the Oval or near it (remember, Stanford offers
      evening classes that start at 7 or 7:30), so you will need to leave a little
      time for walking. Given busy work schedules, dinner, and travel time, we
      will

      get together AFTER the talk for a drink or dessert for a bit of socializing.

      If you served in Afghanistan or Pakistan, or even nearby, we would love your
      special insights.

      Kandis Scott