On Feb. 9th Chuck Frankel will speak on "An African Success Story: Botswana"

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2009
      NorCal PCA in association with The Commonwealth Club of California
      will feature our own NorCal PCA member Charles "Chuck" Frankel at the
      Commonwealth Club at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, February 9th. In the
      program, "An African Success Story: Botswana," Honorary Consul Frankel
      will inform us how Botswana has achieved outstanding success, while
      being one of the least corrupt countries in Africa. For more
      information on this program, go to: http://commonwealthclub.org, then
      under the calendar in the upper right-hand corner, scroll down to and
      click on February 9th.

      One of the advantages in NorCal PCA partnering with the Commonwealth
      Club is that NorCal PCA members can register for the member price of
      $8, versus the non-member price of $15. However, rather than
      registering online, you must register by phone to get this discounted
      price; so call 415-597-6705. Another advantage of this partnership is
      that NorCal PCA will receive some publicity in spreading the word
      about continuing our work in international development. We hope that
      many of you will take advantage of this relationship and help spread
      the word to your friends, relatives, and others who might be
      interested in learning more about our experiences. Then come to the
      program to be recognized.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 650-995-7747
      or e-mail me at kjkeefer@....

      Karen Keefer
      RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia; X-staff/HQ
      Program Coordinator