RPCV Opportunity/Teach With Africa

  • jaymaghana@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hello Fellow RPCVs,

      I ran into Marjorie Schlenoff, the Founder and President of Teach with
      Africa (www.teachwithafrica.org), at a professional event. We ended up in a
      long conversation about Teach with Africa and ways I could possibly help out

      I think there are a lot of you, especially those in the education sector,
      who would really be interested in the opportunity Teach with Africa provides
      If I were an educator I certainly would consider the opportunity.

      Teach with Africa responds to the dire teacher shortage and educational
      crisis facing South Africa by sending U.S.-trained teaching teams to South
      Africa. Teach with Africa raises funds to support the recruitment,
      deployment and support of teaching teams to South Africa, where Teach with
      Africa has established an affiliation with the LEAP School in Cape Town. The
      school has had remarkable success in educating the most economically and
      socially challenged students.

      The teams work approximately from July 1 to August 31. Their flight and room
      and board costs are covered by Teach with Africa.

      As you can imagine Teach with Africa is always looking for donations to
      support their program.

      I wish everyone good holidays. I’ll be enjoying most of the time with my
      parents in Germany. I will back in CA on January 10th in case anyone wants
      to get in touch.

      Erik Scheller
      Ghana 91-93
      Wat/San