you are invited to meet Peace Corps Deputy Director Oct. 20-22

  • Sargent, Nathan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2008
      Dear RPCVs -

      We are pleased to be hosting Peace Corps Deputy Director Dr. Jody Olsen
      in the Bay Area, Oct. 20-22. Dr. Olsen has served as Deputy Director of
      the Peace Corps since 2002, and has previously worked as chief of staff,
      regional director, country director... and Volunteer! (Tunisia
      1966-1968).

      ***RPCV-Only Mixer, Monday Oct. 20***

      Dr. Olsen is actively leading the agency's plans for the 50th
      Anniversary celebrations in 2011. Though her visit to our area is brief,
      we wanted to create some time for RPCVs to meet with Dr. Olsen for a
      discussion of the nationwide 50th Anniversary plans and to add to your
      discussions on local 50th Anniversary events.

      This mixer will take place Monday, Oct. 20 (6:30 - 8:30 pm) in the
      Balboa Park (SF) home of Recruitment Coordinator Andrew Contreras. For
      directions, please follow this link:

      http://pcoctober20.eventbrite.com/

      Please come join the conversation about the 50th Anniversary, share
      ideas and take a leadership role in planning for some great California
      events!

      ***Keynote Event, UC Berkeley, Tuesday, Oct. 21***

      Please attend our special event at UC Berkeley (all-time #1 Peace Corps
      school) in two weeks:

      Tuesday, Oct. 21

      UC Berkeley International House Auditorium

      2299 Piedmont Ave.

      Berkeley CA 94720

      7 to 8:30 p.m. (reception at 6 p.m.)

      This evening will be a forum with Dr. Olsen and George Scharffenberger,
      Executive Director of the Blum Center for Developing Economies at UC
      Berkeley. The event is presented by International House, the Blum
      Center, the Cal Career Center, International and Area Studies, and the
      Peace Corps. The venue seats 400 and we would love a really nice
      turn-out (RSVP to sfevents@...)!

      ***San Francisco State University, Wednesday, Oct. 22***

      Dr. Olsen will speak to students, faculty and friends at San Francisco
      State at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 22 on the Terrace Level of the
      Cesar Chavez Student Center. She will present SFSU President Robert
      Corrigan with a certificate of appreciation for SFSU's historic Peace
      Corps ties (SFSU ranks 16th among all schools for PCVs).

      Please forward this message to all who may be interested. We look
      forward to seeing you at these great events Oct. 20-22!

      Thank you!

      Peace Corps San Francisco Regional Office

      sfevents@..., 510.452.8444