REMINDER: NorCal PCA co-sponsors Commonwealth Club program, "What Hap pens to Orphans of AIDS Parents?"

  • kjkeefer@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 10:55 AM
      The Commonwealth Club in association with NorCal PCA will be hosting a panel presentation on "What Happens to Orphans of AIDS Parents?" at the Commonwealth Club at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 8th. RPCVs Jim Boylson and Bie Bostrom will be joining Dr. Robert Scott, an HIV/AIDS expert, to speak on each of their experiences in assisting these orphans in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ethiopia, Kenya, and Zimbabwe. For more information on this program, go to: http://commonwealthclub.org, then under the calendar in the upper right-hand corner, scroll down to and click on May 8th.
      This is the first of a number of programs in which NorCal PCA will be co-sponsoring events with The Commonwealth Club. One of the advantages in this partnership is that NorCal PCA members can register for the member price of $8, versus the non-member price of $15. However, rather than registering online, you must register by phone to get the member price; so call 415-597-6700.
      Another advantage of this partnership is that NorCal PCA will receive some publicity in spreading the word about continuing our work in international development. We hope that many of you will take advantage of this relationship and help spread the word to your friends, relatives, and others who might be interested in learning more about our experiences. Then come to the program to be recognized.
      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at kjkeefer@... or at 650-995-7747.
      Karen Keefer
      RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia
      Program Coordinator