NORTHERN SIERRA PARTNERSHIP CAMPAIGN MANAGER

  • Monica Jordan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I'm an RPCV from Cameroon. I currently live in San Francisco and work
      for the Nature Conservancy. My organization has created an alliance
      with several other organizations in a collaboration to conserve lands
      and waters in the northern Sierra Nevada. We are currently looking for
      a campaign manager for this collaborative effort. The position will
      NOT be under employment of the Nature Conservancy, but rather of the
      partnership. The person will be working from their house - so location
      is not important, as long as they are in California. It is a good
      opportunity to network among these organizations though. If you have
      any questions please send me an email. We are looking to fill this asap!

      Thanks,
      Monica Jordan
      monica_jordan@...
      (don't email my yahoo address on this; i don't check it very often).

      NORTHERN SIERRA PARTNERSHIP CAMPAIGN MANAGER
      The Northern Sierra Partnership is a unique alliance of two local land
      trusts, a regional sustainable business council, a national land
      conservation organization, and a worldwide conservation organization —
      all of whom have agreed on a cutting-edge, strategic approach to
      conserving the globally significant lands and waters in California's
      northern Sierra Nevada.

      The partners — the Feather River Land Trust, Truckee Donner Land
      Trust, Sierra Business Council, Trust for Public Land, and The Nature
      Conservancy — already have an impressive record of success in local
      conservation. They work with landowners, government agencies, and
      community organizations to protect species diversity and habitat;
      maintain a critical mass of working ranches, forests, and tribal
      lands; enhance local economies and vibrant communities; and provide
      benefits such as a quality water supply, recreation, carbon
      sequestration, and sustainable industries.

      The Campaign Manager will work directly with all five organizations
      and their associates to facilitate communications for all
      donor-related activities. S/he will contribute to the implementation
      of marketing plan tactics, messages and materials specifically for the
      Partnership. For this reason, previous fundraising or capital campaign
      experience is strongly desired. This is a new position.

      ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
      The Northern Sierra Partnership Campaign Manager provides direct
      support to fundraisers who are cultivating, soliciting and stewarding
      donors for campaign gifts and manages a campaign plan which includes
      action items, deadlines and direct accountability. The Manager has a
      comprehensive understanding of the Northern Sierra Partnership
      campaign priorities. S/he is responsible for mobilizing human and
      informational resources to assist fundraisers with the execution of
      their donor strategies and plans. The Manager provides status updates
      on fundraising progress on and collaborates with the NSP Operations
      Committee to obtain content on campaign conservation programs to
      support fundraising efforts. The Manager collaborates with the each
      representative marketing team to create a comprehensive Campaign
      Communication Strategy for marketing and media while ensuring
      resources and materials are available to support fundraising
      activities for the Campaign.

      Specific responsibilities include the following:

      • Oversees, tracks and manages a campaign plan.
      • Provides support to a Fundraising Committee and a Campaign
      Committee- including development of agendas, meeting notices,
      follow-up, etc.
      • Tracks and maintains complex, confidential information that relates
      to the Partnership's agreed upon donor strategies.
      • Provides program information to fundraisers; prepares, assembles,
      distributes campaign materials as needed.
      • Drafts routine solicitation, stewardship reports and
      acknowledgments; maintains donor tracking schedule and provides
      reminders of all reports due.
      • Establishes and maintains donor database, updates donor information,
      produces reports, performs analysis, and tracks donors; maintains
      partnership "subgroups" and relationship manager for each major prospect.
      • Coordinates scheduling of donor meetings.
      • Assists in cultivating and soliciting donors through meetings,
      trips, events, etc.
      • Monitor and provide regular updates on progress of tactical rollout
      of marketing and media programs as required.
      • Provides writing (and web?) support for a variety of external
      marketing vehicles, including press materials, printed publications,
      and possibly web updates.

      KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
      • Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field and
      3-5 years' related work experience or equivalent combination. Major
      gifts, capital campaign, or other direct fundraising-related
      experience preferred.
      • Project management experience.
      • Demonstrated experience using effective interpersonal skills,
      listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with
      donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
      • Well-developed written and oral communication and organizational skills
      • Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
      • Successful experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects
      and donors.
      • Must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to
      participate effectively in a team environment.
      • Ability to design, implement and direct multiple projects, setting
      deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
      • Experience in marketing and media a plus.
      • Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality.

      COMMUNICATIONS/INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS:
      • Ability to work with and communicate with a wide range of people –
      the public, project leadership, influential donors, prospects, and others.
      • Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with
      fundraising and leadership teams.
      • Exceptional commitment to a "customer service" and partnership
      approach to providing resources to others.
      • Excellent spoken and written communication skills

      GENERAL INFORMATION
      • Full Time Position (40 hours/week)
      • Bay Area Location
      • Salary based on experience
      • Must be willing to travel occasionally to Sacramento for Partnership
      meetings

      Direct resumes to northernsierrapartnerhship@...
      Deadline for application is March 29, 2008.