UPDATE: Friends of African Village Libraries Presentation on 3/25 at Cuccini in SJ

  • Kathleen Lester
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2008
      In this hectic life it is always a welcome surprise to enjoy some food,
      friends and fascinating conversation. We are happy to announce just such an
      opportunity. On Tuesday, March 25th at 7 p.m. Dr. Leslie Gray, Associate
      Professor in the Environmental Studies Institute at Santa Clara
      University,will be joining the South
      Bay Chapter of the Northern California Returned Peace Corps Association for
      a presentation about Friends of African Village Libraries (www.favl.org).
      FAVL is a network of individuals and donors committed to long-term support
      for small community libraries in rural Africa. Dr. Gray is a geographer
      with interests in African farming and especially cotton cultivation. She
      has conducted research in Sudan and Burkina Faso. The event will take place
      at Cuccini restaurant (72 N. Almaden Ave, http://www.cuccini.com/ ) in San
      Pedro Square, downtown San Jose. The event is free, aside from meal costs.
      We hope to see you there! (No need to RSVP.)

      Questions? Email Kate at katelester@...