Heart of the Congo film

  • beetsyg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2005
      RPCVs -- I'd like to share this with you. I am volunteering at this
      benefit; I have seen a preview of the film and believe it talks to
      our experience. Please share the following with your friends.

      Heart of the Congo: Does International Aid Help??

      Herbst Theatre, January 28, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

      Film premiere and Benefit for Action Against Hunger.
      Conversation following film with Anne-Sophie Fournier, Executive
      Director, Action Against Hunger; Adam Hochschild, Author, King
      Leopold's Ghost; Tom Weidlinger, film maker. Music by Samba
      Ngo and his band.

      "With uncommon honesty and no sentimentality, this film shows
      both the difficulties and the absolute necessity of creative
      humanitarian aid projects in a cuntry recovering from war."
      Adam Hochschild

      Film at 8p.m.
      Reception, Conversation at 9p.m.
      Music at 10p.m.

      $10.00 for film only;
      $35.00 for film and reception

      Questions to Valerie Hunt Stinger [note: Valerie did not give me her
      email address...]
      Also see www.heartofthecongo.com