Do We Want a PENINSULA Group?

  • KjkeeFer@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      For those of you who live on the Peninsula,

      Since we're in between the San Francisco NorCal group and the South Bay
      group, would you be interested in attending Peninsula events? I live in
      San Mateo and would be willing to start a group if there is enough
      interest. Some ideas for activities that Lloyd Davis, RPCV/Malaysia, and
      I have discussed include:

      Pot Luck Dinners to learn what each individual is doing now--to include
      travel, hobbies, work, volunteer activities, etc.
      Country nights: Share photos and discussions of countries we've worked
      in or traveled to
      Game nights: Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Jeapordy, whatever
      Hiking/walking trails
      Beach walking/sunning/picnics
      Volunteer activities: Food banks, shelters, trail clean-up, etc.
      Fundraising activities: "Slave" auctions, world craft auctions, etc.
      Book clubs focusing on PC writers
      Spanish conversation groups--weekly get togethers to learn/practice
      Spanish
      Bay area outings: Napa wine tasting, East Bay, Golden Gate park picnics,
      whale watching, Fairlawn Islands, etc.
      Ethnic restaurant exploration

      Other suggestions???

      Please let me know if you are interested in such a group, what activities
      you're interested in, times you can attend events, and how often you'd
      like to participate in a Peninsula group. If there is enough interest,
      I'll proceed to organize our first function and invite those of you who
      respond.

      Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Karen Keefer
      RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia + XPC staff/HQ