RPCVs needed

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      I am the program associate for Relief International-Schools Online and the coordinator for the LINC Exploration and Empowerment Program. I contacted the Peace Corps office and was directed to speak to you regarding our program. LINC is an environmental and community service program with an exchange component to Bangladesh. I have selected 10 high school students in the Bay area to participate in this year long program. As the exchange coordinator, I am responsible for training and preparing my students for the exchange to Bangladesh and environmental service projects through various workshops. On Sunday, December 17th I will be holding a workshop on International Volunteerism and Development and it would be invaluable for my students if a Peace Corps Volunteer could come in and discuss the importance of grassroots development, volunteerism, and the mission of the Peace Corps. The information session will be held at the College Preparatory School in Oakland. Most of my
      students come from low income families and so CPS is easy to reach via public transportation. If you could please let me know if a Peace Corps Volunteer is available I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help!

      Best,
      Payal

      Payal Pathak
      Exchange Coordinator Associate