RPCV EVOKES MULTIMEDIA DREAMS OF BOLIVIA, JUNE 11, 2006

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Richard Hartshorne, known universally as “Dobbs,” served in Peace Corps Bolivia where:
      “I played in the National Symphony in La Paz from 68 through 70 when we were kicked out. I did tours of the Altiplano with musicians and dancers playing classical music and "Swan Lake" for Aymara Indians in adobe huts. It was a life changing experience. I am a Double Bass soloist and I play all the Bach Suites on the bass and I tell stories with music. I've recently gone out on my own and I've been playing in schools and prisons. I toured Palestine telling stories in Arabic and Afghanistan telling stories in Dari. All this had its roots in Bolivia all those years ago.
      During the last two years I've been working on a major work. It's an hour and half long--just me talking with a background of music and pictures. It's called "Dreams of Bolivia” and I will be giving the premier in Palo Alto California on June 11th. It's not about Peace Corps per se but about my life in the Peace Corps for those three years. You can see the promo and look at my website at:
      www.bachwithverse.org/DreamsofBolivia.html
      It's my story but it's all of our stories.
      I would very much like to invite all local RPCVs in the Bay Area to the premier at Gunn High School at 4:00 on June 11th. The concert is by donation but reservations are required. 408 806 5550 or 408 2510221 In keeping with the Peace Corps spirit I will also be performing in 5 prisons including San Quentin during my trip.”

      Richard Hartshorne

      Ben Bellows, Betsy Gilliland and Holly Dreier
      Your eConnection Team

      Considering supporting NorCal with an active paid membership. Visit NPCA at https://secure.schoolyard.com/rpcv/howtojoin.cfm or email us norcalpca@...