Fwd: Radio Invite

  • beetsyg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 1:16 PM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Benjamin Temchine <ben.temchine@...>
      Sent: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:27:43 -0800
      Subject: Radio Invite

      Hello:

      My name is Ben Temchine (Senegal 97-99) , and I am a producer with Your
      Call, a daily political affairs call-in program broadcast on KALW-FM
      public radio in San Francisco. (For more information, see our website,
      www.yourcallradio.org.) The program airs live from 10-11 a.m.
      Pacific/1-2 p.m. Eastern Time.

      I'm in a bit of a bind. Tomorrow, March 2nd, we are doing a show about
      the anniversary of the Peace Corps and I need a young woman's voice.
      For one thing, the majority of volunteers have been women. I need a
      young voice because I already have an older one. So

      Our topic: The vision of America's role in the world that informed the
      creation of the Peace Corps is at variance with the view of of the
      current administration. We are looking for people who can call in and
      explain the relevance of the Peace Corps in George Bush's America. What
      purpose does the Peace Corps serve when we are at war? Is it Peace
      Corps now more than ever? What should the next 45 years of Peace Corps
      look like?

      If you are available or have any questions, please call me at
      415.516.5971

      Benjamin Temchine
      Producer
      Your Call