727FW: Gryphon Holiday Concert, 7pm Saturday Dec. 14, in Los Altos

  • christa peacock
    Dec 8, 2013
      Friends,

      Attached is a nice flyer for the annual concert of the Gryphon Carolers, that I sing with. I coped below some ticket information, and the website at http://www.gryphoncarollers.com/ has more. Last year the audience had 450 while this year's more intimate venue holds only 380, but I think if you get to the theater 20 minutes or so early you can get tickets at the door. And then you can get great seats (all are unreserved) up the near the stage, to see and hear the band plus us Carolers.

      The website has links to YouTube videos of a couple of our songs that we'll be repeating this year: an Irish jig version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen at the bottom of the main webpage, and a gospel version of O Come All Ye Faithful on the About Us tab at the top of the main webpage.

      This year we'll be singing some newish songs, like a Pentatonix's arrangement of Carol of the Bells, an Ed Johnson arrangement of the traditional African-American spiritual Rise Up Shepherd and Follow, and his reggae arrangement of How Great Our Joy. (This ain't your granparents' holiday music!) We'll also be repeating many favorites from past years, like the beautiful French carol Il Est Ne, Le Divin Enfant.

      I think you'll have fun; I always do!Peter

      Concert/Ticket Information The 31th Annual Gryphon Carolers and All Stars Holiday Concert will be held at The Eagle Theater at Los Altos High School (201 Almond Ave. Los Altos), December 14, at 7 pm. Tickets range in price from $10 to $25 and are available online at www.gryphoncarolers.com. Tickets can also be purchased at Gryphon Stringed Instruments, 211 Lambert Ave, Palo Alto, (650) 493-2131. Since tickets are limited this year, please call ahead to make sure the performance is not sold out.