693notes for Saturday's hike

  • nhsargent
    Aug 8, 2013
      Hi friends!

      I hope you're interested in joining me for the South Bay group hike on Saturday.

      Unlike last year's 4-hour dirge in Alviso, I actually scouted this location ahead of time. The 3-mile hike will take 1.5 to 2-hours depending on our pace.

      IT IS HILLY. In fact, it's basically 1.5 miles up 1000 ft and then back down. But we can go at our own pace, and the views of the valley are very nice from above. Please bring trekking poles (and extras to share), water, sun hats and sunblock.

      The trail is sunny with some spots of shade. It will likely be busy on a Saturday, and this hike is open to the public. Dogs are allowed on up to a 6-ft leash.

      Meeting spot is the Virl O Norton Trailhead at the Mockingbird Hill parking lot of Almaden Quicksilver Park.

      The event's Facebook page has a map and elevation chart:
      https://www.facebook.com/events/585491058157277/

      My cell is 510-542-0534

      Hope to see you there!

      Hale Sargent