      From: Paola de Cecco <paola.dececco@...>
      Date: Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM
      Subject: Need returning Peace Corps Volunteers for one session of
      Energy for the developing world at Santa Clara University
      To: madelinewu@...

      Hello Madeline,

      My name is Paola de Cecco and I teach the Clean Energy For the
      developing world class (ENR340) at Santa Clara University. Micheal
      Neumann suggested I contact you for assistance reaching out some
      Returning Peace Corp Volunteers.

      As part of the ENG340 class the students are required to analyze
      energy need/energy supplied in the developing world, basing their
      calculation and financial sustainability models on some case studies.

      In order to do that they will need to get a sense for how life in a
      developing world rural community is, what actvities goes on, how
      people prioritize expenses, etc. etc. and especially how difficult it
      actually is to find definitive answers to these questions.

      I think if I could have 2-3 PCV as guest to one of the class session,
      they could answer the student questions by tapping into their
      experience living/working in rural places the students would have a
      better chance at understanding the case studies. It doesn't matter
      what their particular work was, I am not looking for energy experts,
      but for somebody that could open a window on the reality of the
      developing world for students that have never travelled.

      The class meet weekly on Tuesday from 5-7 pm. My preferred date is
      10/2, but any other Tuesday is an option as well.

      Any chance that you can help me?

      Thank you in advance

      Paola de Cecco