283Fw: [NorCalPCA] Annual NorCal Peace Corps Association Holiday Party!

  • NorCalPCA
    Dec 3, 2007
      MARK YOUR CALENDARS: The Annual Northern California Peace Corps Association Holiday Party is right around the corner!!!

      WHEN: Thursday, December 13th, 7 PM � late; Raffle at 9 PM.

      WHERE: Glen Park Station Bar, 2816 Diamond St., San Francisco (Map here)

      Already tired out by the demands of the holiday season? Take a break by
      joining us for this year�s NorCal Peace Corps Association Holiday Party
      on Thursday, December 13th. Reminisce about how simpler life was in
      your country of service with folks who may actually care. Catch up with
      fellow Peace Corps Association members and help us celebrate another
      great year of events while looking ahead to 2008! Loved ones, of
      course, are invited to share in the festivities.

      We will be selling raffle tickets to raise funds for our 2008 programs
      and events. The raffle will be held at 9 PM. Your support is welcome.
      If you would like to donate an item for the raffle, please see Annie
      Bovone, Andrew Bradley or John Ruiz at the bar. Other surprises are in
      store!!!

      We will be meeting at the Glen Park Station Bar, which is located a
      mere half a block north of the Glen Park BART Station on Diamond St
      (Map). Glen Park Station is also conveniently situated right off the
      280. Take the Monterey Blvd. Exit and head right onto Diamond St. Ample
      parking is available at the lot across from the BART station at
      Bosworth and Diamond.

      PUBLIC TRANSIT: Glen Park Station is BART-accessible and along the
      J-line Church route. Several bus routes (44, 23, 26 and 49) have stops
      nearby.

      For those would like to grab dinner in the area, there are many good options:

      Next door to the bar is La Corneta Taqueria (http://www.lacornet a.com/).
      Tom, manager and bartender of Glen Park Station, said that it is fine
      if you want to bring in outside food to the bar. He will also have some
      snacks, hot dogs, etc. available for us as well as a drink special.

      Gialina Pizzeria (http://www.gialina com) is just down the street from the bar, serving Neopolitan-style pizzas and other Italian entrees.

      For traditional American fare in a more formal setting, Chenery Park Restaurant is close by at Chenery and Diamond St. (http://www.cheneryp ark.com/)

      Other dining options are within a short walking distance.

      We will be sending out an evite this week so that we can track who is
      attending. Please reply promptly to that message so that we can prepare
      accordingly.

      Thanks and see you on the 13th!

      Best,

      Andrew Bradley

      SF Director, Northern California Peace Corps Association

      RPCV � Namibia, 2004-2006

      Cell: 415-407-4067

      afbpcv@...