Need RPCVs to participate in Bay Volunteer Day on Sat 4/10: List of volunteer sites ready for RSVP

  • ken wong
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 9:08 AM
      To all active RPCVs,

      Please take a look at the list of all Bay Volunteer Day events ready for RSVP at our website: http://PeaceCorps.Berkeley.Edu or Event Brite website: http://BayVolunteerDay.eventbrite.com. More exciting volunteer events/sites are being added to the list on our website on a daily basis. Below is our prior invitation message to join this event and help spread the words about your Peace Corps experience at the Bay Volunteer Day event.

      On behalf of the Berkeley Peace Corps Club @ UC Berkeley, we will be holding an annual event called "Bay Volunteer Day". During this event we hope to recruit 500-1000 volunteers from throughout the Bay Area to volunteer at different locations in the Bay Area communities( Alameda County and SF County). Our goal is to bring awareness to the community at large about different organizations and agencies that offer volunteeringopportunities. We hope to be able to provide networking opportunities to the various participating agencies and organizations, as well as provide participating volunteers the experience with working alongside returned Peace Corps volunteers. The “Bay Volunteer Day” will provide promotional information on participating organizations and agencies, in order to bring greater community engagement and awareness.

      We would like to ask for your help whether you could open up a volunteer site at your organization for our first annual Bay Volunteer Day on Saturday April 10, 2010. We plan to hold upto 25 volunteer sites on both sides of the bay and hope your organization can be one of 25 organizations that will participate in this event. We will send upto 25 volunteers per site to help with various organizations on that day.

      If your organization can't provide a volunteer site, we have several well-known volunteer sites available for you to choose from.

      Organizations that we'll be helping out include Habitat for Humanity East Bay, the San Francisco Zoo, Malcolm X Elementary School, the SF Botanical Garden Society, and Walter Haas Park (in SF). We are also currently waiting to hear back from Project Homeless connect, At The Crossroads Street Youth Support, Rebuilding Together East Bay-North, and FESCO-The Family Shelter, among others.

      We would appreciate if you could please confirm your participation sometime this week whether you would like to help out at this annual volunteer day because we need to start advertising all the volunteer sites early next week.

      If you (or people you know) are interested, please contact Ken at kenwong@berkeley. edu or at 415-786-8798 .

      Thank you for your consideration!

      With Best Regards,

      Ken Amornnopawong