Fwd: Day of Service in Honor of Kate Puzey: March 12

  • Erin Bowman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2010

      I pulled this from Facebook- some fellow Benin volunteers are encouraging  RPCVs to participate in a service activity on March 12 in honor of Kate Puzey, a volunteer who tragically passed away last year in Benin.
      --Erin Bowman
      RPCV Benin, 2004-2006

      Date: Friday, March 12

      Location: The World

      Description

      Peace Corps Family,

      One year ago we lost Kate Puzey, a volunteer serving in Badjoude to a senseless act of violence. As we mourn her death on March 12th we need to also celebrate her life and what it stood for.

      At Kate's funeral, many were moved at how amazing her family was and even in her death how they still stressed the importance of her service.

      As PCVs it is now our obligation to continue in her honor. Pick a day or even, an hour, in or around the 12th and commit to continue the legacy Kate did her entire life. Please feel free to mention how and where you will be making such a commitment on the wall below.

      Also, if you would like to make a monetary donation, please consider her commemorative fund through Peace Corps Benin. You will find further instructions on the wall as well.
      Please consider joining the Kate Puzey Girls' Camp Commemorative Fund group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=158912909145

      How to donate:
      Contributions can be made online through the Benin Country Fund at "
      http://www.peacecorps.gov".

      Steps to donate:
      1. Go to "www.peacegorps.gov"
      2. Click on "donations"
      3. Click on "View all Country Funds"
      4. Click on "Benin Country Fund"
      5. Click on "Donate"
      6. Please make your contribution, and in the comments section,it is IMPERATIVE to specify “Kate Puzey Girls’ Camp Commemorative Fund” in order for the funds to be routed to the appropriate account.

      The contribution process is anonymous. However, if you’d like, you can send an email to katepuzeyfund@... after you’ve donated and we will send an annual report once the camps have finished. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask at the email above. Thank you very much for your support.

      Finally, Kate's family is also planning a way for us to memorialize her around the world. Details will be published on this wall when they become available.

      --
      Erin Bowman
      RPCV Benin, 2004-2006