Reminder-NorCal PCA Career Workshop & AGM this Saturday-SF

  • jaymaghana@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2010
      Dear Peace Corps Community,
      By now we hope you’ve heard all about our Career Workshop & Annual General meeting this Saturday and all that’s left to do is attend (or cook up something extra special to compete in our first time ever Iron Chef contest). It will be at the First Unitarian Universalist Church in San Francisco (1187 Franklin Street, SF CA 94109).
      Jayma Brown
      President, Northern California Peace Corps Association
      Western Samoa 1983-198
      Ghana 2002-2004

      10:30am-12:30pm Career Fair
      Featuring Mock Interviews*, Resume Reviews*, Networking with Bay Area RPCVs & More Bring resumes and cover letters to review, as well as job announcements that interest you. Business casual dress. Please RSVP (for the career workshop only) to sfevents@... or 510.452.8442
      *NOTE: RPCVs with experience hiring and/or a background in HR needed as volunteer interviewers. If you are available to help, please respond to Annaliza Constantino at aconstantino@...

      12:30pm-3:00pm Potluck Lunch
      12:30pm-1:00pm Check in for Annual General Meeting/socializing
      Bring food to share (By Last Name):
      A-G: Salads & Sides, H-R: Main dishes, S-Z: Desserts
      Home cooking/ethnic food preferred. If you have a main dish or desert (sorry- no salad category), that you are particularly proud of enter, it in our IRON CHEF contest. Prizes will be awarded. Beer and wine will be provided for a small donation to NorCalPCA.

      1:45pm-3pm Program/Elections/Socializing
      If you plan to run for an At Large position on the NorCal PCA Board of Directors, please contact Carol Laughlin at Carol.laughlin@... by Jan. 25th so that your name and interest summary can be included on the ballot.

      Parking Limited, Transit and Carpool recommended. To setup a carpool please contact Jeb@..... From public transit from BART Montgomery Station catch MUNI 38 toward 32nd Ave & Balboa. About 12 min ride and exit at Geary & Franklin.