Fw: UN Foundation/ Nothing But Nets Event

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 759 KB
    ----- Forwarded Message ----
    From: Danielle Garrahan <dgarrahan@...>
    To: "NorCalPCA@..." <NorCalPCA@...>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:45:57 PM
    Subject: UN Foundation/ Nothing But Nets Event

    Dear RPCVs,

    I work for the UN Foundation on a campaign to end malaria deaths in Africa, called Nothing But Nets (www.NothingButNets.net).  I am also an RPCV- Dominican Republic- 97-99.  The Nothing But Nets campaign is coming to the Bay Area on Sept. 13-19th to host a series of events with our partners (including the San Jose Earthquakes, the Golden State Warriors and the United Methodist Church) to educate the area on malaria and raise awareness about the need to get bed nets to Africa.

    We are hosting a rally on Wednesday, September 16th at 5:00 p.m. at Justin Herman Plaza.  If 200 people come out, a donor will send 1,000 nets to refugees in Africa.  I’ve attached an invitation above.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Regards,
    Danielle

    Danielle Garrahan

    Associate Director