FW: Friends of Afghanistan Fwd: Host Families Needed for Afghanistan Student Exchange

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      FYI, all.

      Mike

      -----Original Message-----
      From: peacecorpsfriendsofafghanistan@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:peacecorpsfriendsofafghanistan@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      samangan72@...
      Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 12:19 PM
      To: peacecorpsfriendsofafghanistan@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Friends of Afghanistan Fwd: Host Families Needed for Afghanistan
      Student Exchange

      WE NEED YOUR HELP TO PLACE AFGHAN STUDENTS IN THE SECOND ANNUAL
      AMERICAN/AFGHANISTAN STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM

      PC FoA Friends Salaam,

      We are quickly approaching the end of the school year here in Buffalo and in
      the Northeast. The end of school also brings to a close the first year of
      our historic student exchange with Afghanistan.

      Our students, Omer, Zubair and Maiwand have already begun their final exams
      and are slowly preparing to return to Kabul and Kandahar. All thirty seven
      of their fellow exchange students are also beginning to say their Good byes
      and prepare for readjustment in the cities and villages of Afghanistan.

      The students for the second year of the program have been selected and they
      are from a more diverse geographic area than our first group. We have
      students from Bamyian, Mazar-i-Sharif, Pul-i-Khumri, Herat, Kandahar,
      Jalalabad as well as from Kabul and the surrounding region.

      Please help spread the word about this program. This is an opportunity for
      RPCVs to promote Peace Corps' Third Goal by inviting bright and competent
      Afghan students into our communities. I can think of no better way to bring
      our host culture back to the American public than by hosting the children
      and grandchildren of our former Afghan colleagues and students.

      I would like to request that current RPCV host parents send a brief message
      to FoA about your hosting experience this past year via the above e-address.
      Thanks for volunteering again in service to America and Afghanistan.

      For information contact me or Terry Dougherty at Samangan72@...
      <javascript:parent.ComposeTo('Samangan72@...');> or
      terrydough@... <javascript:parent.ComposeTo('terrydough@...');>
      , both of us have had a positive experience with the exchange program and we
      can help your school-community work through the bureaucratic steps of this
      US Government sponsored program.

      Peace,
      Tony Agnello

      President, Friends of Afghanistan
      Director, Schools and Futures, Inc.
      Advisor, Western New York
      Sister School Coalition
      Peace Corps, Afghanistan 1972-75

      Visit Friends of Afghanistan on the web at:
      http://friendsofafghanistan.org

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      nsubscribe>