Cal Peace Corps student group looking for RPCV speakers

  • daniel_rabkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      I received this message from a student at UC Berkeley and told her I'd
      spread the word. Maybe some of you want to help out. Her contact info
      is below.

      --

      My name is Cristina Nicoara, and I am a part of the Peace Corps of
      Berkeley club on the UC Berkeley campus. We are a new organization on

      Also, we are planning to host a joint event with another organization
      at Cal known as the Students for Responsible Business on Tuesday,
      March 10th. I was wondering if you know any returning Peace Corps
      volunteers in the Bay Area who are pursuing an MBA, working for a
      company, or interested in pursuing a career in business. We would like
      to offer undergraduates interested in Peace Corps examples of how
      returning volunteers like you can apply what you have learned from
      your experience with Peace Corps to the real world today. Even if you
      do not know anyone who is focusing on business, any contacts of past
      Peace Corps volunteers currently in the Bay Area would be greatly
      appreciated. I heard about a Norcal mailing list for Peace Corps
      volunteers, but I unfortunately do not know what that is.
      Thank you in advance!

      Cristina Nicoara
      Email: cristina891@...
      Phone#: (818) 456-8150
    • Chris Carlisle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        Like Daniel, I received a similar message from a student at UC Berkeley
        and told her I'd spread the word. Maybe some of you want to help out. Her
        contact info is below.

        My name is Veronica Carrillo and I am the Member Resources Representative
        for the Peace Corps @ Berkeley. I am currently looking for any return
        peace corps volunteers that would be interested in speaking to our student
        group about their own PC experiences and to field any questions our
        members may have. Specifically, I am looking for 2-4 presenters that would
        be able to speak for about 15 minutes each at 6:30 pm on Wednesday March
        11th. If anyone is interested, please let me know so that we can make
        further arrangements. If anyone is interested in speaking but is
        unavailable on March 11th, it would be possible to reschedule you for a
        future Wednesday evening. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

        Veronica Carrillo
        Member Resources Representative
        Peace Corps @ Berkeley
        ravenico@...