Petition for MorePeaceCorps as Obama transition team plans ahead

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008
      Dear NorCal RPCVs,

      Yesterday's historic election has immediate and important implications for our relationship to the world and our countries of service. You may have noticed throughout the campaign that Obama consistently mentioned Peace Corps as a significant option for national service. Now is our time to tell the Obama transition team and potential policymakers in the new administration that there is a groundswell of support in our community for a larger and more effective Peace Corps.

      Please take a moment to check out the MorePeaceCorps.org campaign and sign the petition.

      http://MorePeaceCorps.org
      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/morepc/petition.html

      Thanks,
      Ben

      *****
      MorePeaceCorps Petition to President-elect Obama!

      With the election of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States, the National Peace Corps Association and its MorePeaceCorps campaign has launched an on-line petition urging support for a bigger, better and bolder Peace Corps. The petition is addressed to President-elect Obama, and will be presented to the Obama transition team. We also plan to use the petition as a way of showing critical state and congressional district support during meetings in the coming months with Capitol Hill lawmakers.

      The next six months mark a critical point for action on the MorePeaceCorps campaign. Get started RIGHT NOW by signing the petition and getting at least ten other people you know (family members, friends, colleagues, etc.) to sign. You can also forward this petition to others you know overseas, as a demonstration of the global interest for MorePeaceCorps.

      Take action right now, right here:

      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/morepc/petition.html

      Thanks!

      Ben Bellows