The Story of Sargent Shriver

  • jaymaghana@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2008
      We thought Peace Corps alumni, staff and supporters might want to know about a special event this Sunday in Oakland.
      The documentary “American Idealist: The Story of Sargent Shriver” will be shown this Sunday, October 12th at 5pm at the Oakland Museum of California, James Moore Theater. Sargent’s eldest son Bobby Shriver will be on hand to lead a discussion on service following the screening. Sargent Shriver was one of American’s most inspirational leaders. He launched the Peace Corps, VISTA, Head Start, Community Action, Legal Services for the Poor and the Special Olympics. Tickets are $25, $15 for students and seniors. Proceeds will benefit Bobby Shriver for Santa Monica City Council.
      The Oakland Museum of California is at 1000 Oak Street (near Lake Merritt BART). Please use the 10th Street entrance.
      I know Bobby would appreciate meeting some Peace Corps supporters here in the Bay Area. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (510) 301-6584.
      Libby Schaaf
      On behalf of event hosts
      Phil Tagami, Isaac Kos-Reed, Alex Tourk and Tasmin Smith. (510) 301-6584