Fourth of July Parade

  • celia bosworth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2008
      Mark your calendars and join fellow Returned Peace Corps Volunteers in
      Monterey's traditional Independence Day Parade!

      Friends and children welcome! Spread the word!

      I've finally received details from the city:

      We are parade contingency # 59

      We are to meet at: 9:30 a.m. Friday July 4th

      Meeting Location: Hartnell at Cass (just up street from Post Office)

      You are encouraged to wear host country dress, carry flags or anything else
      which makes you look "Peace Corps-y". However the city does not allow us to
      hand anything out to spectators during parade. The parade route itself is
      short. It goes down Alvarado, turns on Del Monte and goes up Calle
      Principal.

      Jodie will bring the Peace Corps banners and handle logistics on the day of
      the parade. She'd appreciate you RSVPing to her so she has an idea how many
      will be coming. email her at: jjooddiiee_2000@... or call 241-8955