Canoeing/Camping June 27 and 28

  • Annie Bovone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
      Dear Norcal and VT Campers,

      Canoeing with Burke's Canoe on the Russian River is
      coming up in a few weeks. They need to how many of us
      there will be (up tp 15-20 tops) and they need
      PRE-PAYMENT by NEXT WEEK!

      So if you are interested please let me know. By
      emailing me: abovone@... and I will send you
      my address. The 1st 15-20 checks I recieve will
      constitute the group.

      Kevin Ryan also is in but has made his own reservation

      So Far we have:

      1. Andrew
      2. Helen
      3. Kilian
      4. Annie
      5. Steve
      6. Mike
      7.
      8.
      9.
      10.
      11.
      12.
      13.
      14.
      15.
      16.
      17.
      18.
      19.
      20.

      My personal deadlline is gonna be 5pm THIS THURSDAY
      JUNE 12th for YOU to let me know so that I can
      respond to you, get the checks, consolodate them and
      send them to Burke's on-time. The cost for two nights
      camping and a seat in the canoe is $50.00 per person
      plus a (optional) $20.00 donation to NORCAL SF.

      Thanks,

      Annie

      Original email copied below:
      Dear Norcal and Friends,

      Come and enjoy camping and canoeing on the Russian
      River this summer!

      It will involve arriving/camping Friday night and a
      10
      mile canoe trip on Saturday with camping on Saturday
      night in Forestville at Burke's Canoe. It is the
      Burke's policy that all campers must be canoers and
      vice versa.

      So check out the information. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
      PLEASE RESPOND TO ME BY EMAIL AND THEN SEND A CHECK OR
      MONEY ORDER TO ME BY JUNE 5th so that we can secure
      our spot. I'll confirm with the list of campers
      shortly after the 5th so that we can coordinate
      transportation and tie up any loose ends.

      It's going to be great fun! I hope you can join us!

      Annie Bovone
      Dominican Republic '01-'03

      A few of the basics:
      For more information check out
      http://www.burkescanoetrips.com/

      When: June 27-29

      Cost:
      $50.00 -2 nights in the campground and a seat in a
      canoe
      $20.00 -Donation to "The Cause" Norcal SF

      Camping: Fri and Sat night, bring your own
      equiptment.
      Showers, picnic table and fire pit provided. Camping
      is literally on the beach of the river!

      Canoeing: Saturday day, transportation provided back
      to campground after the river run. Canoe and oars
      and PFD provided by Burkes.

      Food: Bring your own food for the 5 meals, there are
      plenty of stores in town. I'll bring smores-makings
      for the campfire on both nights.
    • Annie Bovone
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2008
        Dear Norcal and VT Campers,

        Canoeing with Burke's Canoe on the Russian River is
        coming up not this weekend but the next. I know it's
        Pride weekend but Gurneville is founded in Pride and
        festivities will occur in town a mere 15 minute walk
        away.

        So if you are interested please let me know. By
        emailing me: abovone@... and I will send you
        my address. The 1st 15-20 checks I recieve will
        constitute the group. I need to send the check
        tomorrow 6/18. If you decide at a later point that
        you'd like to join you can independently try reserve a
        spot directly with Burke's if they have open spots for
        canoeing and/or camping on the same dates. I'm a firm
        believer in "The more the merrier".

        So far we have:

        1. Andrew
        2. Helen
        3. Kilian
        4. Annie
        5. Steve
        6. Mike
        7. Aibhlin 10 years
        8. Rose
        9. Kevin
        10. Jenn
        11.
        12.
        13.
        14.
        15.
        16.
        17.
        18.
        19.
        20.

        The cost for two nights camping and a seat in the
        canoe is $50.00 per person plus a (optional) $20.00
        donation to NORCAL SF.

        From the desk of Tippy-Canoe (hee hee),

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2008
          Dear Norcal and VT Campers,

          Canoeing with Burke's Canoe on the Russian River is
          coming the weekend after next.

          I sent in the check today. Looks like we have 11 for
          sure and there may be a few scraglers...Carl, Jennifer
          Wilkins, Daphne.

          If anyone needs a ride or other info please give me
          let me know. It's gonna be fun!

          1. Andrew
          2. Helena
          3. Kilian