Need panelists who've worked for NGOs on HIV/AIDS in Africa - Fri 3/7, 9am

  • Lori Babcock
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      Please respond to Lori Babcock at loribabcock@...
      ---
      Have you worked for an NGO on HIV/AIDS in Africa? We need a few panelists
      to talk briefly in our class at UC Berkeley this Friday, March 7 at 9am in
      145 Dwinelle Hall.

      The course is entitled "Global Transformation and Cultural Change: NGOs
      and the Response to HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa" and is taught by Dr.
      Ann Swidler from the Sociology department. It's an interdisciplinary
      social science course that draws heavily on concepts from Public Health
      and African Studies. We would like to have a panel this Friday, March 7
      from 9-10am on campus in 145 Dwinelle Hall featuring people who have
      worked for organizations on AIDS in Africa.

      We would like to have around 4 people on the panel, have each person to
      talk informally for 5-10 minutes about their work and the organization
      they worked for, show a few Powerpoint slides with pictures, and then
      participate in Q&A with students. We have a great group of around 140
      students in the class, many of whom are interested in Peace Corps and work
      in international development.

      If you would be willing to talk about your work, we would really
      appreciate it. Please contact me at loribabcock@....

      Thank you,
      Lori Babcock, Graduate Student Instructor
      MPH/MPP Candidate 2008
      RPCV Cote d'Ivoire 2002, Madagascar 2003, Chad 2004-2005